Saturday, February 28, 2009

Love others as you love yourself


An eternal wish of Dr. Takashi Nagai, my grandfather

Dr. Takashi Nagai, my grandfather always wished that we all love others as we love ourselves and thought that was the sure way to build a permanent peace.

 Even though he deeply devoted himself to Catholicism I think this thought is a truth to go beyond a religious boundary.

 Now that a law of causation led me to live in Nagasaki I wish to practice my ideal through my own daily efforts.

 I tell myself “I shall always live with compassion and keep harmony and without fighting with others!” As a successor of Dr. Nagai’s wish I wish to continuously send messages of peace from Nagai Takashi Memorial Museum, the Nyokodo, and myself.

 Wishing “That Day” shall never ever be brought about again in this world.

 Tokusaburo Nagai, Curator of the Nagai Takashi Memorial Museum



Translation by Yoshio Hida



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this wonderful picture and words. I live in Austria and I feel the same way.It's so good to know on another side of the world people have the same feelings and thoughts.
    Greetings from Tyrol

    ReplyDelete