Tuesday, April 14, 2009

after losing my sight


Kazuhiko Yamaguchi
Chairman, Board of Directors of the International Association of the Visually 
Impaired

 


 I lost my sight completely in the middle stage of my life.  This presented me with many difficulties in conducting normal daily activities.  I really felt the inconveniences, but was never unhappy.  And after losing my sight, I was much more able to understand and appreciate the world of blindness and the sensitive feelings of others.


Everyday, wars and conflicts break out in various places around the world.  These troubles result from the selfishness of nations, ethnic groups and individuals.  Wars and conflicts cause many disabilities and mental health problems.  Not only the disabled but also the socially disadvantaged suffer terribly.

 We, persons with disabilities, are really grateful for peace.  Even though it may be difficult to establish and sustain world peace, we still need to make our best efforts to work for peace and love.  Together let us advance hand-in-hand for the peace of world.

1 comment: